Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- All prices, amounts and payments referred to shall be in INR.
- The quoted price does not include the ground ambulance, unless specified. AVIATORS will organise ground ambulances on customer’s request.
- The fees for the supply of ground ambulances will be billed separately, based on the real cost. The client will get a separate invoice for the supply of ground ambulances upon AVIATORS’s reception of the subcontractor invoice. AVIATORS’s mark-up fee is fixed at ten percent.
- At the latest two hour prior departure, the Client will give AVIATORS a written medical status report of all patients to be carried on board. If the report is not available prior to scheduled departure, AVIATORS may delay the departure time accordingly or as a consequence of this delay, the flight cannot be performed legally regarding flight and duty regulations, AVIATORS may cancel the flight and charge a cancellation fee as per agreement in addition to any other costs that have been generated related to the cancelled mission.
- All requests, especially transport of patients, will only be confirmed after full medical details of both patients conditions have been reviewed, and approval given by the flight physician. To minimize the risks of the transport our medical department will get in contact with the treating doctor or a person who is familiar with the patient’s condition. However complications during the flight can not be absolutely excluded, because of additional stress for the patient (unfavorable climatic conditions, varying air pressure,…) Complications are rare and normally can be treated with the medical equipment provided on board.
- For ground time in excess of 2 hours outside AVIATORS´s responsibility waiting charges per starting hour will be charged.
- The flight physician has the right to refuse a planned tarmac transfer if the patient requires intensive medical care during the hospital transfer.
- An unscheduled overnight stay for the flight crew and medical team will be charged at the actual costs of the overnight but minimum Rs. 20,000.00.
- Our flight physician has the right to refuse a patients transfer if actual medical condition presents substantial differences from the information contained in the medical report and poses a life threatening situation to the patient if transported. In this case the full costs of the mission will still be charged to the client. AVIATORS will notify the client and proceed in accordance with the latter.
- If the planned flight schedule has to be changed for reasons which are beyond the control of AVIATORS (e.g. unforeseeable weather conditions, airport closure, etc…) the additional costs thereby incurred will be charged to the client.
- If delays occur due to unexpected reasons (e.g. technical), except for gross negligence and intention, AVIATORS has the right to reschedule the flight plan accordingly. If this results in a delay exceeding 6 hours the client has the right to cancel the mission without cancellation fees. In such case only the occurred costs will be charged to the client.
- If during the repatriation the patient’s condition degrades and results in an unscheduled intermediate stop for necessary hospitalization all additional costs incurred will be charged to the client. Furthermore AVIATORS will not be responsible for the costs thereby incurred at the hospital.
- If delays, other than caused by AVIATORS, results in extra costs (e.g. nightstop, additional airport fees by night,…), these will be charged to the customer.
- The liability of AVIATORS is limited to gross negligence and intention. The transportation of passengers, baggage or cargo is performed under the regulations of the Warsaw Convention. AVIATORS takes no responsibility for incidents of force majeure e.g. strike, war, or sabotage.
- In the event that AVIATORS is chartered by Agents/Brokers on behalf of third parties, the Agents/Brokers are liable for all obligations concerning the clients’ side in this agreement.
- Luggage: Only one piece of soft hand-luggage not exceeding 10 kg may accompany the patient. Otherwise the luggage will remain at face! AVIATORS will not be responsible for remaining luggage. According to applicable regulation, the flight crew is entitled to check the content of the cabin and the hold baggage for prohibited articles. The list of items as well as the applicable rules on liquid is published on the AVIATORS-Website. Passengers should be aware about the applicable regulation regarding prohibited articles.
- Additional passenger: an accompanying passenger will only be accepted with the approval of the flight physician and the flight crew.
- Cancellation Policy: If the mission is cancelled between confirmation and 8hrs prior takeoff, 10% of the quoted price plus occurred costs will be charged. Cancellation between 8hrs and 2 hours prior departure will result in a charge of 50% of the quoted price plus occurred costs. Less than two hours 100% cancellation will be charged.
- Payment: Prepayment of the whole sum must be made before the start of the Mission.
- After written confirmation the flight remains subject to traffic-rights and all necessary governmental approvals.
- All notices and other communications between the Parties provided for or permitted hereunder shall be in writing and delivered by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, email with return receipt or by facsimile with confirmed delivery.
- In the event that parts of the general conditions become invalid, the remaining paragraphs are not affected. The general conditions and all services provided hereunder are governed by Indian law. Any dispute relating or resulting from the present agreement shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Bengaluru.
(c) or for vital emergencies, in which case AVIATORS will take the necessary decisions in its discretion, if applicable in capacity as controller of the relevant processing.»